Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Inspiration for new artwork

Over the last few days I've been making a playlist on my youtube page with my fav art styles , artists and documentaries. As an artist I've  always continued to learn new techniques and styles. I have never had one way or medium for my art. Having tried nearly every type of artwork I've admired through the years. Although I've been able to make unique series and variations of art. I ,  like most artists search for that unique look to my own art and strive to create something new. This has been a priority for me. So much so that I've been drawing ( something I do most often )less and moving towards painting and pastels ( something I do least often ). This too hasn't brought me to a place where I feel I'm doing something groundbreaking. Over the last few days of rewatching the documentaries I finally was inspired to start 3 new different styles of artwork . One I call a Red period. ( similar to Picasso and his blue period) the challenge will be to not over power the work with red. Not all people see the same amount of colors in the spectrum and it will be essential I do not over use certain shades. The second is a type of landscape paintings I've never seen before . Details soon on what I'm calling it with progression images. The third is a study of emotion and art. I have never been able to work on art when I am angry. A lot of my work has been done when I was either happy sad or indifferent . A painting I envisioned called Violent Violets will push me to do just that. Harness anger to the canvas. Pictures soon. Thanks again to all the views , likes, retweets, subscriptions , pluses , shares and comments

No comments:

Post a Comment